NEW VERSION OF SUSAN’S BOOK: Ready NOW!
Teaching Kids with Learning Difficulties in Today’s Classroom by Susan Winebrenner and Lisa Kiss, 3rd edition.
Originally published in 1996, this totally
revised third edition is completely compatible with present expectations
regarding the Common Core or any other curriculum. The book brings to life
the authors’ firm beliefs that If students are not learning in the
way you are teaching them, find a more appropriate method, so you can teach
them the way they learn. The downloadable CD is free from freespirit.com
and contains all the reproducible forms in the book plus other features.
Special Emphasis on:
- Active learning for all students
- Optimizing the application of resources in technology
- Making at least one year’s academic progress for every school year
- Using assessments to support learning
- Improving students’ executive functioning skills
- Learning success for students on the autism spectrum
- Teaching students to consistently choose appropriate behaviors
Teaching Gifted Kids in Today’s Classroom
Free download of CD from freespirit.com
Strategies and Techniques Every Teacher Can Use
(Revised & Updated 3rd Edition)
Susan Winebrenner, M.S., and Dina Brulles, Ph.D.
Fully revised and updated for a new generation of educators, this
“orange bible” is the definitive guide to meeting the learning needs of
gifted students in the mixed-abilities classroom—seamlessly and
effectively with minimal preparation time. For years, teachers have
turned to this book daily to ensure their gifted students are getting
the opportunities they need and deserve. Included are proven,
practical, classroom-tested strategies and step-by-step instructions
for how to use them. This new edition of Teaching Gifted Kids in
Today’s Classroom provides information on:
- Compacting strategies for all subject areas
- using technology for accelerated learning
- managing cluster grouping
- increasing curriculum rigor
- improving assessments
- boosting critical and creative thinking skills
- addressing gifted kids with special needs
Thev free CD ROM, available from freespirit.com
includes a PowerPoint presentation, all of the
reproducible forms from the book, and many additional extension menus
in several subject areas, ready to customize and print for classroom
use. Already a perennial best seller, this guide’s third edition is
sure to be welcomed with open arms by teachers everywhere.
Schools will get the benefit of Multimedia Package provides school-based Book Study or PLC group meetings
, in-person author workshops for a
fraction of the cost with this comprehensive professional development
resource. Teachers will be introduced to proven, practical classroom
strategies for meeting the needs of gifted learners, whether they work
in a mixedability classroom, cluster classroom, gifted-education
classroom, resource room, or another setting.
The package includes:
- 120 minute DV featuring top-selling authors Susan Winebrenner and Dina Brulles, along with actual classroom teaching segments in Grades K-8 that illustrate key strategies from the book
- A CD-ROM containing all of the customizable reproducible forms from the book along with an introductory PowerPoint presentation
- Facilitator and Discussion Leader Guide that directs users
through the book and the video as they use these in study groups or
other forms of staff development (softcover, spiral bound, 8” x 11”, 96 pp.)
In addition to discussion and modeling of pivotal teaching strategies,
the resource covers 21st century learning, assessment, technology, RTI,
and schoolwide cluster grouping.
The Cluster Grouping Handbook
by Susan Winebrenner,Dina Brulles
definitive guide to planning, implementing, and evaluating schoolwide
cluster grouping to ensure continuous academic progress for students at
every level. Includes free online access to CD Rom.
internet based course which demonstrates the Schoolwide Cluster
Grouping Model is available from Knowledge Delivery Systems at www.kdsi.org
Teaching Young Gifted Children in the Regular Classroom
by Joan Franklin Smutny, Sally Yahnke, Ph.D. Walker, Elizabeth A. Meckstroth
Includes free online access to CD Rom.